Tuesday, June 7, 2011

great expecTEEations

The basic white cotton tee is a year round staple. Goes with EVERYTHING and you can style the s&#t out of it. They are available in different stores, by different brands, and at various price points.

I swear... I am not a pessimist. I swear it.


My last white t-shirt purchase was for $6.50. Not bad right? I buy white tees anywhere they are available. I ache for it sometimes...late at night...like a mild *joy powder addiction. ;)

It's really not that bad. I just don't need a fancy label for something so basic. Hanes has yet to fail me. 

These pictures were taken after one wash. I read the care tag instructions, followed it to a TEE, and these are the results. 

I completely understand, that in the world of mass production, you get what you pay for.  I don't expect something that cost less than $10 and made out of cotton to last a lifetime. However, I do expect it to last more than one wash.

I emailed the company a short note about the quality of this particular product. I wasn't the only one with this complaint. I'm just curious as to why a huge company like this would put out a product this poorly made. I will post the response as soon as I get one.

+Basic cotton white tee courtesy of fast fashion giant FOREVER21




No comments:

Post a Comment